The VP of Sales and Marketing is responsible for Planing and directing all aspects of business development policies, objectives, and initiatives. Responsible for developing new market initiatives, assessing new markets, and analyzing business opportunities. Conducts financial feasibility studies and develops proposals for new business opportunities, including driving new sales opportunities that are to be closed by the sales team or directly. Accountable for alliances and partnerships, analyst relationships, and must be comfortable speaking to trade organizations and at conferences. Will also be accountable for licensing initiatives and programs; duties include negotiating contracts, initiating proposals, and closing deals with partners, resellers, and API marketplaces. Will manage business unit and have major overall company organizational impact. Establishes overall direction and strategic initiatives for current and future direction of business unit.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in the product management and product marketing roles at the company, innovating new features and functions to continue to make the offering more and more valuable and more and more compelling to the market.
- Develop and refine go to market strategies for the offering, and lead the company to execute on the strategy.
- Work with our sales and marketing leaders to develop demand generation strategies to build and maintain larger and larger pipelines and closures of software subscriptions.
- Accountable for alliances and partnerships, analyst relationships, and must be comfortable speaking to trade organizations and at industry conferences.
- Manage and attend shared PR and marketing activities across partners, trade organizations, and market analysts.
- Be a subject matter expert in the software product offering, speaking on its competitive positioning and unique value proposition at conferences, with the press, with prospects, etc.
- Be a subject matter expert available to our sales teams on deals to articulate the value of the offering in a compelling and entertaining way.
- Develop, sign up, manage, coach, and support reseller partners, alliances, and their sales teams to drive closures – ensuring joint sales motions, removing obstacles, and maintaining proper communications with all parties involved in sales opportunities.
- Serve as the first point of contact for partners and be the liaison between sales teams and partners.
- Manage deal registration (within Salesforce), partner enablement initiatives, and regional partner communications.
- Generate and handle inquiries, manage partner/alliance pitches, and on-board new partners as it relates to sales and business development.
- 5+ years of experience in API marketplaces and tools, P2P enterprise software, or data brokerage businesses.
- 5+ years of experience in Sales, Business Development, Marketing, Product Marketing, Product Management, Analyst Relations or Pre-Sales.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship/team building and account management skills.
- Leadership qualities that reflect a self-motivated individual with the ability to work as part of a team.