Sr. Network Engineer
Tuesday, February 2nd, 2021
The Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for several aspects of network engineering and administration including network design, systems engineering, project management, and advanced troubleshooting. The candidate will need to be comfortable working independently and as a member of a team. The candidate must be able to tend the big picture while working on technical details and assisting others in a project-driven environment. It is expected that this candidate will be able to relay technical recommendations and engineer solutions based on several considerations, including system availability, manageability, and security. This position works with a team of engineers reporting directly to the Technology Manager. It is important that the candidate possess strong technical skills in certain networking and system technologies, but also be conversant in other technical areas in order to work effectively with a small team of engineers.
- Design and deploy Datacenter networks utilizing industry best practices and Cisco hardware to include: Cisco enterprise level L3 switching and Nexus 7K/5K/2K platforms
- Design and deploy managed LANs, WANs, including routers, switches, firewalls and other hardware.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Create Low Level and High Level design documents in accordance with customer standards
- Perform installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of customer managed hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee/perform new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Related degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or seven to ten years equivalent network engineering experience.
- Design and deploy datacenter network in accordance with industry best practices.
- Nexus 7K/5K/2K experience
- Certifications in CCNP, CCIE R&S and/or Storage Preferred.
- Experience logical design models (L2/L3, VPC, VDC, Datacenter Zones, Spanning tree, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling).
- Working technical knowledge of network control protocols (QOS, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP) and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA, IPSec).
- Strong knowledge IP communication and routing is required (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP). Experience with inter-company routing is preferred.
- Understand WAN/LAN and transport technologies (Ethernet, Frame Relay and MPLS).
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio is required
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Senior .Net Engineer