We are working with a fast growing Product Software company to find a Sr. Accounting Manager. The Company offers an array of focused cloud delivered solutions to mid-market and fortune 1000 sized clients. Our client is looking for a smart, driven and highly positive person to manage their Accounting team. This role will oversee the day to day and month over month over operations of the accounting team, ensuring that things are done in an effective and efficient manner with great attention to accuracy. This is a remote position.
- Manage monthly close process, ensuring all necessary entries are processed. Create, review, and approve recurring and adjusting journal entries.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts providing appropriate supporting schedules for timely and accurate month end process
- Maintain accounting system control, including chart of accounts, accounting periods, entry posting controls, etc.
- Act as the company’s revenue recognition and GAAP expert ensuring compliance with all financial reporting requirements
- Respond to inquiries coming in from outside parties, employees and management
- Adhere to the deadlines set by the accounting department to keep processes functioning smoothly
- Review work of Accounting Team to ensure accuracy
- Serve as back up for Accounting Team as needed
- Keep all audit documentation rolled forward month to month for an easy year end closed and audit prep
- Assist the Controller in managing annual financial audits, providing support to auditors and delegating tasks among the team members
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of annual budget and weekly/monthly/quarterly forecast
- Improve, organize and maintain financial databases, software systems, and on-line filing systems
- Maintain, coordinate and at times establish accounting control procedures as necessary
- Design, develop and implement ad-hoc reporting and analysis tools as needed to improve functionality and efficiency of Accounting Department
- Maintain and file all required monthly, quarterly, and yearly regulatory business filings
- Assist Controller in other projects/tasks as needed
- Bachelors’ Degree
- 8+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, particularly regarding software revenue recognition
- Detailed-oriented and extremely organized
- Must have the ability to work independently, efficiently and be able to meet deadlines under strict time constraints
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- CPA a plus