Senior Network Engineer
Friday, January 23rd, 2015
Seeking a Sr. Network Engineer with a strong Cisco background on behalf of one of our clients in the Atlanta area. In this role, you will be responsible for advanced technical support of critical network elements within extranet networks. You will also be accountable for providing in-depth analysis and remediation of complex network issues and acts as primary escalation point for unresolved issues from tier I technicians.
- Maintain and support all aspects of the wide and local area network and corporate data communications.
- Design, plan and coordinate the implementation of network technologies in support of defined requirements generated by business and growth demands.
- Plan and execute highly complex network upgrade and migration activity with no to minimal impact to production environment.
- Provide support and assistance to network technicians as needed on network issues.
- Analyze the network subsystems and related issues.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot local and wide area network-related issues using methods that minimally impact production environment.
- Provide network design, security analysis/design and implementation, definition and coordination of standards, project management, and technology research.
- Responsible for maintaining all Network and Network Security capabilities.
- Monitor and maintain wide area network management systems.
- Find and implement new technologies that simplify the network environment while improving security and performance.
- Maintain access lists and user settings on wide area network (WAN) equipment.
- Ability to perform routine backups of all running configuration files for the routers, core switches, firewalls, and IDP devices.
- Develop and oversee the adherence to data use standards for data, voice, video or other network hardware system.
- Perform evaluation of business areas to identify and value its assets, its threats and their likelihood of occurrence
- Design, develop, or recommend integrated security system solutions to ensure that proprietary/confidential data and systems are protected.
- Document changes and procedures, including network (Visio) diagrams.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5-7 years of current Network Engineering experience.
- Expert knowledge of TCP / IP, GRE, IPSec, VoIP, Wireless, VRRP, HSRP, GLBP, SNMP, QoS, 802.1x, Radius, DNS and DHCP protocols and services.
- Expert knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, Wireless, VoIP, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS & TACACS
- Experience in design, provisioning and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN connectivity technologies, hands-on experience with routers, switches, firewalls, and VPNs, working with access control list (ACLs), TCP/IP. VLAN, VRF, Port Security, Traffic Shaping, Priority Queuing, Class of Service (CoS), IP Multicast, routing and switching.
- Experience in implementation of Citrix Netscaler load balancers using best practices.
- Understanding of network security protocols and working with tools to perform packet capturing, network taps, and network analysis.
- Experience with enterprise firewall solutions including Checkpoint, Juniper, Palo Alto or Cisco ASA, including NextGen Firewalls.
- Experience with IDS/IPS.
- Working knowledge of VMware.
- Working knowledge of Storage Infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and command of the English language with a demonstrated ability to maintain a customer service focus and attitude at all times.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels within an organization.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects and priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Willingness to attend training classes to keep skills current.
- CISSP, CCSP, or other Security Certifications are preferred.
Senior Software Developer