Friday, January 8th, 2021
Our client is looking for a Senior Accountant who will be responsible for providing support to the General Ledger team during month end close including fixed asset management, financial analysis and reporting, forecasting, budgeting, and consolidation processes for multiple divisions. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities described below.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team to improve processes and increase efficiency.
- Ability to analyze issues and recommend, present, and implement potential solutions.
- Ability to learn new General Ledger and Financial Reporting systems.
- Possesses analytical, problem solving and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent work habits and exhibit the dedication and desire to work past normal business hours when necessary especially when important departmental deadlines occur (most often during month, quarter and year end close).
- Carrying out an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Preparing journal entries.
- Ability to maintain and oversee the Fixed Assets and associated depreciation schedules on the BNA Fixed Asset Software System; provide monthly detail for General Journal entries and insure proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations and income statement analysis.
- Preparing bank reconciliations.
- Assisting in the formulation and preparation of monthly and annual reporting requirements including consolidation of subsidiaries.
- Analyze total corporate expenses, including comparisons to forecasted and budgeted results.
- Assist in the coordination of internal and external audits.
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative and potentially time sensitive tasks as needed for the accounting team.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting.
- CPA or CPA-candidate highly preferred.
- At least five (5) years of related experience.
- General Accounting Principles
- Financial Principles
- Budget Planning/Forecasting
- Intercompany transactions and consolidations
- Thorough knowledge of financial reporting and general ledger
- Job Cost accounting concepts
- Percentage of Completion concepts
- SEC/Sarbanes Oxley working knowledge
- Internal control and Segregation of duties concepts
- Critical and Analytical thinking
- Communication – verbal and written
- Financial and Accounting Software applications
- Excel User – highly advanced and accelerated