This position is responsible for managing the product lines sold through direct channels of the Direct-to-Consumer (D2C) business unit. Responsibilities include the development and implementation of integrated marketing and business plans to achieve annual enrollment and margin goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Leads day-to-day management and annual planning for the Direct line of business (LOB) to meet growth objectives in the strategic plan, including the development of the integrated annual marketing plan (i.e., positioning, product, distribution, acquisition and retention programs).
- Manages marketing budgets and operational costs to deliver enrollment and net margin goals for the Direct LOB through activities including marketing metrics analysis, competitive benchmarking, P&L analysis, etc.
- Employs a strong consumer-centric, research based approach to business building.
- Leads and/or represents Direct LOB goals in cross-functional initiatives that support LOB strategies and programs.
- Provides direction to both internal and external marketing agencies to implement programs.
- Teams with internal groups to maximize both acquisition and retention capabilities via both the website and the call center.
- Develops processes and identifies business requirements for operational activities (e.g. enrollment, billing, IT, onboarding, actuarial, etc.) supporting execution of LOB strategies and programs.
- Participates in the strategic planning process of the business unit.
- Supervises, develops and recruits staff with strong business acumen and consumer marketing experience. Ensures staff receives on-going professional growth through challenging assignments and education.
- Builds a strong culture of success and cooperation to enable retention of staff.
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s and equivalent experience.
- 7+ years management experience, including at least 5 years managing a P&L and a consumer marketing team at a manager or higher level.
- Healthcare and/or dental industry experience a plus.
- Excellent business management skills, including demonstrated success in P&L management, annual planning and staff development.
- Excellent consumer marketing skills and track record, including competitive analysis, target identification, positioning and marketing program development and implementation.
- Excellent consumer research-based decision making skills.
- Excellent communication skills including effective written, oral and presentation skills necessary to effectively convey information to and/or influence a wide range of audiences, including all levels within the company, as well as third parties.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve project objectives and on-time.
- Ability to foster an inclusive and engaging environment, to lead cooperatively on a cross functional team and to develop positive working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to build and manage a strong effective team.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Strong organizational skills.