Monday, November 28th, 2016
Our Client is searching for a Network Engineer responsible for implementation, documentation, optimization, monitoring/alerting and auditing of our network infrastructure. This is the ideal role for an experienced network engineer with a proven track record of working with Cisco equipment. The successful candidate will play a leading role in innovative and dynamic projects.
- Maintain network diagrams
- Provide network planning, security analysis and implementation, definition and coordination of standards, and technology research to ensure NAB is investing in stable and secure infrastructure technologies
- Provide configuration, troubleshooting and problem resolution support for switches, routers, Load Balancers, VPN, firewalls, etc.
- Implementation of network design and architectural strategy
- Collect and analyze data for performance and capacity of the network and its components
- Maintain PCI security standards as it relates to network security.
- Monitor, assess and report on network bandwidth and resource utilization
- Identify critical network components for proactive monitoring and alerting
- Coordinate and communicate closely with leadership and Help Desk during unplanned outages
- Participate in on-call escalation rotations for 24x7x365 support; evening, overnight, and weekend, holiday and on-call work may be required.
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- Minimum 5 years experience configuring routers and switches (Cisco)
- Minimum 5 years experience configuring and supporting firewalls (Cisco ASA and Checkpoint firewalls)
- Strong knowledge of Cisco network infrastructure equipment
- Strong understanding and practical experience with technologies such as MPLS, VPNs and traffic engineering
- Knowledge of telephony is a plus
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is preferred
- Ability to interact with various groups efficiently
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player and self-driven