Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager will play a key role in leading operations and special projects. The Human Resources Manager will manage the day to day activities and support the Director of Human Resources in managing HR projects in the plant including: payroll and time keeping systems, employee relations, performance management, HR strategy, recruiting/staffing and management coaching. The Human Resources Manager will direct the implementation of critical corporate initiatives in support of integration, sharing of best practices, general compliance and continuous improvement.
- Must have experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with high volume hourly staffing strongly preferred.
- Partner effectively with employees, managers and corporate contacts to handle general HR demands.
- Must foster and build effective relationships with the union.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Oversee and manage hourly staffing plans (recruiting/retention/turnover performance).
- Ability to investigate employee situations and discern fair and appropriate next steps.
- Create, improve and administer human resource policies and procedures.
- Determine implementation strategies and customization requirements for HR plans, programs, processes, and tools to ensure the plants’ needs are met.
- 5-7+ years of Human Resources experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience with Labor Unions required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred or a combination of relevant experience and education is a plus
- Excellent critical thinking and decision making skills
- Ability to listen well, comprehend and analyze situations
- Systems-oriented way of thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop effective working relationships within all areas of the company
- Experience with hourly recruiting, employee relations and engagement, benefits administration, payroll, policy communication and administration, HR compliance, etc.
- Past experience in safety management and handling workers compensation a plus.