We are looking for a HRBP who excels in key areas of thought partnership, problem solving, and strategic thinking. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, you’ll play an integral role in supporting and driving critical business initiatives and HR processes.
- Proactively develop strong, value-add, and trusted advisor relationships with all members of client groups. Regularly meet with C-level and director clients to develop strategic plans for their areas.
- Manage the staff evaluation process in client groups as a core tool to promote a high-performing workplace. Collaborate with managers and employees in developing business goals and objectives. Provide guidance to managers in drafting reviews, presenting feedback, and making compensation decisions.
- Create and customize tools to promote recruitment and retention of top performers, leadership development, coaching; talent review, and succession planning. Integrate core processes and talent strategies into the business fabric of client groups.
- Develop recruiting and position goals with managers; liaise with recruiters to provide insight on staffing needs, position requirements, how the role fits in the organization, unique considerations, talent profile, etc.
- Participate in developing and reviewing Firm policies. Collaborate with Employee Relations on policy interpretation and guidelines for client groups.
- Ensure compliance with relevant US regulations. Keep abreast of laws, regulations and emerging trends.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, human resources, organizational development or related field.
- SHRM-CP or PHR Certification a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of generalist work experience in Human Resources.
- Law firm or professional services experience preferred.
- Teamwork and Applied Skills.
- Demonstrated success in linking solutions to business needs and implementing core people management processes.
- Experience collaborating with management teams across functions.
- Strong functional HR knowledge particularly in performance management, organizational development, training, recruitment, employee relations and metrics. Up-to-date knowledge of HR related laws such as discrimination, leave of absence, etc.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to gain credibility, build relationships and influence people. Common sense.
- Passion for problem solving, executing flawlessly and delivering high quality results for clients.
- Ability to think and act strategically and to be proactive and creative.
- Solid project management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to be objective, discrete, and ethical.