Wednesday, February 3rd, 2021
The Controller will serve in a prominent role for our financial and business operations. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this role will be the go-to person in the finance organization for GAAP and SOX compliance issues, including managing the audits, financial reporting and tax issues. This role represents a compelling challenge for an accounting professional that enjoys the opportunity to perform a wide-range and variety of accounting functions.
Overall responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Thorough current knowledge of financial and accounting practices and procedures, including GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and regulations.
- Proven leadership ability to gain the confidence of staff, peers and management.
- Excellent skills in communication, motivation, and interpersonal relations. The ability to express thoughts and complex ideas in a straightforward and efficient manner.
- Develop and establish operational mission statements, philosophy, policies, goals, objectives and strategy.
- Excellent written skills, including the ability to develop concise and well-organized summaries of complex analyses and data appropriate for Senior Management.
- Trusted to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong organizational skills, analytical thinking and attention to detail are a must.
- The ability to prioritize and complete time-sensitive work is critical, and this may include extended hours, including evenings and weekends as the position responsibilities require.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint proficiency.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, coworkers, auditors and regulators.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field; from an accredited college or university.
- 8+ years of accounting experience, with a minimum of 4 years in a leadership role.
- Minimum of three years direct personnel management experience.
- Experience in a non-profit, fund accounting environment preferred.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel and accounting software applications.