The Cost Accountant is responsible for overseeing the allocation of corporate and shared services overhead costs to the operating businesses and will update the cost allocation model and oversee the monthly cost allocations for both budget and actual results to the business units.
This position provides strategic advice and guidance to Senior Managers and the Executive Management Team on complex cost allocation issues and challenges and makes recommendations based on detailed data analysis.
- Providing timely and accurate responses for data requests associated with overhead cost allocations
- Providing detailed budget monthly journal entries and true-up actual entries for reporting purposes
- Build-out cost allocation models to support the annual budget cycle, regulatory and cost of service models, and annual valuation
- Completing the external audit of the prior year corporate and shared services overhead cost allocations. Providing data requests and information to external and internal audit requests
- Providing timely and accurate responses for data requests, and supporting analysis, from regulatory commissions, operating business units, and other key stakeholders
- Providing detailed monthly journal entries associated with budget cost allocations to each operating business unit. Providing quarterly, and eventually monthly, true-up calculations associated with actual overhead cost allocations
- Updating cost allocation models for the annual budget cycle, regulatory and cost of service models, and annual valuation
- Updating the cost allocation model and providing updates to supporting cost allocation manuals, testimony, etc
- Providing support to internal experts on data requests, methodology questions, etc
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Excellent analytical skills with strong focus on accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of hierarchy levels
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment