The Accounting Manager position is a hands-on role, responsible for accounting functions that include general ledger, accounts payable, payroll and tax compliance. This Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing the general accounting for the organization, assisting with the creation of financial statements and management reporting managing the organization’s cash, and assisting with the creation of departmental budgets and forecasts. Experience with developing and establishing policies and procedures within a corporation is highly preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Produce Monthly Financials Statements and Budget vs Actuals analysis.
- Assist with financial modeling and forecasting
- Manage Accounts Payable – Duties include ensuring accurate entry, timely payment, and compliance with company policies
- Manage Accounts Receivable – Duties include invoicing, collections, reviewing contracts
- Process on-boarding, payroll and terminations
- Mentor and train team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred.
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience with at least 2 years in a supervisory position.
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology, or professional services environment.
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Advanced Excel
- QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, com, Expensify, Microsoft Excel, Google Apps
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Independent judgement and decision-making
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Professional Curiosity and desire to learn